Reverse light switch -S10/Sonoma

I need to replace the reverse light switch on a 5 speed Sonoma, should be identical to the S-10. It is a 5 speed and the switch bolts in to the driver's side of the 5 speed tranny.

Question: do I need to drain ant transmission fluid before removing the switch, or is the switch above the fluid line in the transmission.

I hate to start this, and have a tranny full of oil come pouring out..

Thx, Norman

Reply to
Norman Pirollo

Mike Levy

It is a 1995 Sonoma 2WD 5 speed.

Reply to
Norman Pirollo

Reply to
Mike Levy

Thx Mike, I'll be checking all this on the weekend..

Norman

Reply to
Norman Pirollo