S 10 Tailgate

Was wondering the tailgate on my S 10 seems light.

How much weight have you put on yours ?

A few of the people in my family weigh 250 or so, will it support one or more of them ?

Thanks for any info.

James

Reply to
JC

I bent the cheap aftermarket tailgate on my '88 K2500 with me (275lbs) and a

55 gal drum full of water (440lbs) for a total of 715lbs. On all the trucks I've used we've never worried about weight on an OE tailgate for the first 100k miles or so. *but* I also work in construction, so we tend to be a bit hard on our trucks.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

I and my brothers have all sat on my '03 S-10 tailgate with no problem of any sort.

I weigh 260 pounds, dunno of a sum total for the brothers...

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

I'm about 15lbs heavier than William, and have had myself plus about 100 lbs in gear on the tailgate and had no problems.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

Reply to