Sliding Rear Window

I'm interested in a 2008 Silverado Crew Cab with a sliding rear window. These windows are very popular on F-150s but very had to find on Silverados. Does anyone know why?

Reply to
Grey

I'm interested in a 2008 Silverado Crew Cab with a sliding rear window. These windows are very popular on F-150s but very hard to find on Silverados. Does anyone know why?

Reply to
Grey

Ford drivers need the sliding window to toss their empty beer cans into the bed...

Reply to
Pete C.

And talk the the wife and kids while on the road...

Reply to
IdaSpode

Nah. It's to act as an emergency exit when the truck catches on fire.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

I drove a 1995 work truck (not the Silverado) for 12 years since it was new. I though the slider would give good for a cross vent. Well, on trip down the PA Turnpike and there was soo much wind noise it was useless. So the extra $$$ option was not worth it.

In fact at about 10 years old, the seals started to leak so much so ended up with an inch of water on the passenger floor after a weeks worth of rain. Never could find that leak and traded it in a few months ago for an Escape (kids are done with camping didn't need a 3/4 ton anymore.)

After this experience, would no waste my money on it and end up having to deal with leaks. So as Chevy looks to save money they can cut this option out.

My two cents.

Reply to
brxsep