Squeaking A\C Compressor

I've noticed that when I stop at traffic lights, my A/C Compressor makes a Squeaking sound.

Is this something bad? Is the unit starting to go out?

Thanks,

Ree

Reply to
Ree

is it the comp or the belt ?

check tensioner for wear/proper alignment, and how's the belt ?

Reply to
TranSurgeon

It sounds like it's A/C unit but, as I pull away from a stop the sound fades.

Ree

Reply to
Ree

yeah, i had a friend who had the same problem, better off to swap it before it goes out or you'll have to swap out a few other parts because letting the compressor go out will ruin some of the other components

Reply to
twins0203

He doesnt even know what it is yet. Opening the hood would be a good start. :)

Reply to
Scott M