tilting

i've noticed that the left side of my truck (04 silverado) sits lower in comparison to the right side... it is always equal weight in the truck at all times... does this possibly have something to do with bad shocks/springs?? anybody have the same problem?

Reply to
christhomas1979

Gas Tank?

Reply to
Slap

--------

Yes... very irritating. Mine is an 89 with the same lean on the left. I have always assumed that it was because of the gas tank (34 gal), but have noticed that some trucks are pretty flat... But its never effected how it drives, so I've chalked it up as "one of those things.".

HDS

Reply to
HDS

Diet anyone??

Reply to
George

Reply to
none2u

Depending on temperature, gasoline weighs around 6.2 pounds per gallon. Therefore, a full 35-gallon tank would weigh around 217 pounds. Add a 180 pound single-driver to the left side of the vehicle and you have an imbalance of around 400 pounds.

However, since nearly all roads have a negative slant to the right, this imbalance is nearly compensated. This is the reason why truckers always try to offset their loads toward the left side.

Reply to
One-Shot Scot

More uneducated bull shit. we balance the loads close as possible

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning