trailer brake wiring plug for 95 Z71

Hello Group, I am just curious if anyone has a trailer of some sort with electric brakes. I was told that instead of trying to figure out how to run wires from my cab brake balancer box to the truck plug, that you can buy a special deal that goes from your brake box to the factory wiring in the dash? anyone done this or know how or where it goes? that sure sounds like a plan to me.I have all of my lights on the trailer working now just need the easy way for the brakes. Thanks

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

Perkins...

It's called a Tekonsha Prodigy about $130..

Make sure it is for your 95 Chev wiring... Not the 99 & up..

~Perk>

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

Reply to
Bobo

What do you mean by a brake balancer box? I am guessing the brake control. Later models of GM trucks (1999 and after) have a special cable for hooking up brake controllers.

If you try the Teknosha site you can find some general wiring instructions:

You will notice that they have a link to "Brake Control Wire Harness", which I think may be what you are referring to.

Looks like the same thing for their other models. The difficult part might be finding the Brake lamp switch. The '98 models had a pin on a panel under the dash that was hooked to the lamp.

Reply to
Dick