Latest threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Van lost mileage
1995 Tradesman, 350 engine. A week or so ago. I changed the cap and rotor, wasn't starting well. Mileage dropped from 15 to under 10. With that being the only repair done in this time, might have...
3
3

No Headlights
So I drive home and park the truck and my headlights go out. No highs, no l ows, no nothing. Change out the relay with the DRL relay, then the ignition , then the fogs. No nothing. Also, the yellow...
3
3

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic Electrical Problems
Well, since the newfangled web forum I posted to hasn't exactly bristling with answers, especially helpful ones, I figured the old tricks were the best and so I have returned. (Amazingly my ISP still...
10
10

'82 Chev S15 truck clutch
My friend has a 1982 Chev S15 truck, 2 wheel drive, manual tranny, 2.6 Liter V6. Will a clutch for a Gimmy (same engine specs) work on this Chevy? Having problems locating anything for a S15. . . ....
1
1

S10 4.3L Firing Dis-Order
1988 S10 V6 4.3L RWD Automatic Years ago I replaced the ignition wiring by following the existing wiring. Now I want to change the ignition wiring again BUT I have come to a confusion point. For the...
7
7

Lugnuts too tight?
The Daily Web Log for Prepared Individuals Living in Uncertain Times. Wednesday, October 2, 2013 Letter Re: Basic Mechanics Skill and Knowing Vehicular Limitations Permalink | Print Jim, If I might...

89 gm pickup when headlights are on brake lights whont work?
changed steering columm;bulbs;fuse.looked for short in wirering.tail and brake lights work;but if i turn headlights on just tail lights work.I have 1989 gm Kseries you please help
3
3

1982 S-15 clutch.
Can one remove the crossmember and lower the rear of the motor to replace the clutch plate? chas. . ..
2
2

August 31 2013 brake dragging
Wasn't sure if the right rear brake on my 98 Blazer was ragging. So, this afternoon I had a spare few minute. Take it apart. The pads were rough to remove, had to beat them out with a hammer. They are...
8
8

do i have to add an additive to castrol synthetic limited slip differential fluid
No. The additive is to make differential fluid into limited slip differential fluid.
2
2

03 chevy blazer transmission detent cable adjustment
03 chevy blazer that shifted fine and had bad moter so I pull moter and re install just un threaded kick down cable from carb and rehooked and now is shifting late for the kicking down how do I adjust...
1
1

how much would it cost to get the front break speed sensor fixed
i have a 1999 chevy malibu and my check engine light is on. I had it put on a machine at auto parts advance and the man at the auto store wrote down all these codes. I looked up the code and it looks...
2
2

1988 S10 4.3L Smog Test Results and some questions
1988 S10 4.3L V6 PASSED All! the new double smog test here in California. Smog test one: the standard smog test for this year auto. Smog test two: pressurize fuel system and determine leak rate. BUT!...
10
10

Smog Test
Your "mechanic" friend is an idiot. Premium will not make it run hotter - Nor will octain booster -and running hotter is NOT going to help your '88 pass. Most likely failure on that beast will be high...
10
10

why do my rear brakes wear out befor the front on 2006 one ton silverado
75 thousand miles, front discs look unused. Rear brakes need replaced. Have towed 12000 lbs for 20000 miles. Silverado one ton diesel.
3
3