'01 PT Cruiser

My engine light just came on yesterday and I know I need to take it in to the dealer, but can I get suggestions for what might be going on. My car is running great and I don't want to mess things up, I am freaking a little because a trip to the dealer can be a very scary exerience. "Help Me!"

Reply to
Boopas

Check you gas cap; is it on securely.

"Better Things for Better Living ? Through Chemistry." - DuPont, or was it Timothy Leary?

Reply to
Nola

Reply to
Jack Pucci

ok, the car is totalled, you must scrap the car its done.

Reply to
Punch

Hi,

Try to check the error codes from OBD yourself before going to the dealer. I'm not sure which one of these methods work for you, but try both

  1. Engine turned off, press odometer reset button, keep it pressed and turn the key to "RUN" (don't crank the engine) and release the button. Now the display should go from 1111111 to 9999999 and then display error codes starting with P. Post the codes here so people can tell you what they mean.
  2. Other way which may work is to move ignition key from off to run-off-run-off-run in few seconds time. Here again don't crank the engine. Just move the key back and forth. Now the display should list the error codes. What the display tells you?

This way you'll have slightly more knowledge about the problem before going to the dealer.

-- VVi

Reply to
Ville V

I hate when that happens :(