'03 Cherokee 2 wheel drive differential-update

Update on the moaning,rubbing,stupid noise from the rearend of a brand new Cherokee.2 dealers-noise is ok,they all do that,we do have a TSB about power steering hoses touching and yours are,so lets seperate them while your here. (this does nothing)Call to Detroit-engineers are aware of the problem,we will call you when we figure something out but in the meantime you might as well try another dealer.Another dealer-yes,there is something wrong here and this rearend should be taken apart and looked at or replaced.When I return home from vacation I will visit my dealer with my Jeep story of mystery and intrique.This is sounding like a nightmare you can have, but you never get to the end of it.When making slow hard left or right turns the noise is there.Its very easy to replicate this noise.Someday I hope to return to this site and report that all is well with this 2 wheel drive,sure-grip,noisey ass Jeep Cherokee.Thanks to all for allowing me to vent.

Reply to
mike