1983 Dodge Ram 150 Custom

I just got a dodge ram about a month ago. It has a 318 v8 2bbl with

107,000 miles on it. Now i'm a chevy man but... this thing has some serious power in it. dosn't look like anythings been added, it was just taken care of. The guy that owned it only drove it about once a month for the past 10 years. I was woundering what ideas some of you might have to improve preformance. I don't know how much i'm going to spend on it, most likely just alittle at a time. I know for sure i want to put in a 4bbl carb.
Reply to
dodgeRAM

Right; a good aluminum intake for *torque*, & a small 4bbl. will be a

*large* help. Don't over-carb it, though. Do the math & pick the carb that flows the maximun amount your engine will pump at max revs that you'll be running. Also (this is old-school), we used to get the "Purple" cam shaft at Chrysler; it was the factory hi-perf. shaft that came in the 340. Not sure what's available today... Of course a good set of headers & a free-flowing exhaust system. With these mods you'll be good to go. Are you *sure* it's a 318? With "serious power" it may be a 360. Check before you go buying parts (although most if not all will interchange), esp. the carb. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver" BTW good to hear you're not single-minded on the make; heck they're *all* fun! I have a mopar-powered Z car, & gathering parts for an LT1-powered VW Cabriolet! (It'll be mid-engine, of course! ;^P
Reply to
ThaDriver