1990 Dodge Spirit PRND2L indicator cable

I had to remove the instrument cluster on this vehicle to try to fix the odometer reset button.

After putting it back together, the PRND2L indicator is a little off. When I was reconnecting the cable to the column sleeve, there did not appear to be any way to make adjustments.

The cable slides in the "V" notch, so that the pawl is on the back side of the notch. There is a clip that keeps the cable from coming out. I did not see anyplace to make an adjustment.

Any other way that I can adjust this?

Thanks,

Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

Means either you didn't clip the hook on the end into the correct slot on its tang, or the cable itself is misrouted.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern