1990 Plymouth Laser, Am i getting a good deal? What would you pay???

I posted a message in diag. about the problems with it. I went and talk to the girlfirends grandparents again tonight and they are waiting for me to come back to them with a price. Bluebook.com and edmunds is telling me the thing is worth $1,200.

Heres the low down on what it needs.

2 shock things dont work for hatch. Head liner is gone. power steering is broke It needs a full tune up. Needs a timing belt. (I can do this at my garage) Needs battery. It has about 100,000 miles on it. Its a 1990 (made in febuary of 1989) Std 5 speed laser. Non turbo. Body is great, tires and rims are nice. The engine got beat up when the timing belt broke at 50,000. Chystler replaced it. Now the belt has jsut about 50,000-54,000. New one??? Did chrystler possibly put a better one in?? What should I offer? I want to put a price per item worng with the car so they understand where im coming from! Thanks guys
Reply to
Ben Witek

I wouldn't pay a damn thing for it. The DSM cars were noted for reliability problems, and it sounds like this one isn't in good shape. $1200 will buy a vehicle in better condition in today's used car market. Move on.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff