1991 Lebaron Convertable Code 26

When I first start my car it runs fine. But once I shut it off an

restart it the check engine light is on and it runs ragged. It neve fails to start and it keeps running, just runs terrible. The cod reader is giving us a code 26. We have done all the recomende fixes(cleaning connection and changed oxygen sensor) and it still run terrible. We would appreciate any ideas anyone has on this problem. M husband is a mechanic but not up on all this computer stuff. Thank

-- Susee

this thread:

Suseer

Your '91 LeBaron has which engine?

Code 26 indicates high resistance in the injector circuit. Could be dirty/corroded injector connectors, dirt/corrosion at the 60-pin plug on the engine control module (SBEC), or faulty injectors.

Your husband is "a mechanic but not up on all this computer stuff"? What does he work on, then? Computer-controlled automobile engines have been on US roads since 1969, and in universal use for around two decades.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern