1999 Concorde Cruise Control Problem

I recently took a trip to Louisville which was seven hours away. Going to there, the Cruise Control worked fine, but on the way back when I tried using it abruptly it stopped functioning in the middle of driving. I would like to know what solutions there are for this. I tried pushing the resume button, turning off the engine and then restarting it a few minutes later, and turned the cruise control off many times.

Reply to
toolofthesystem

That code be anything from the steering wheel switches,wiring,brake switch, servo, vacuum line. A scan of the BCM (body control module) with a scan tool may help if there is a fault code present.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

On the chance that it is the brake switch, check that your brake lights are operating properly (i.e., are not stuck on). Like Glenn said, it could be any one of several things - but that is one thing that can be easily checked yourself at zero cost - and those switches do fail or get out of adjustment.

Bill Putney