1999 Grand Caravan ES- Brake Warning Light

The brake warning light (not the ABS Light) periodically goes on when I apply the brakes while making a hard right or left turn and when I make a hard stop while going straight ahead. The light then goes off. It does not go on when making normal stops. I had the front brakes changed last spring.(this year)

Anyone had this problem before? I am going to make an appointment with the dealer next weeknd to get this checked out.

Eddie from Long Island

Reply to
Ed Burke

Had the exact same problem with my '99 Caravan. Turned out to just be a low brake fluid level, like the previous poster said.

Now having said this, the next thing you want to do is check the thickness of your front brake pads, and the condition of the rotors. The low fluid level in mine was caused by running with very thin brake pads. I replaced the pads and factory rotors, topped off the master cylinder, and haven't had a problem since.

Reply to
Bret

hi i have seen this before check the brake fluid level and all should be well

Ed Burke wrote:

Reply to
mic canic

I completely agree with all of the previous reply's, but in addition to checking the brake fluid level, which is more the likely your problem, be very careful not to overfil it and then someone telling you that you have a leaking master cylinder.

Reply to
Galen

Thanks guys...adding a bit of brake fluid to the master cyliner container seemed to have done the trick. Another problem...my "Service Engine Soon" light popped on this after noon soon after having fuel injector service performed..is this normal?

Reply to
Ed Burke

No its not normal, but should not necessarily have anything to do with the service performed. Have the code checked and go from there.

Reply to
Galen

Thanks...I have an appointment with the dealer on Wednesday morning.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Burke