1999 Town & Country Limited Wheel noise

I have a 1999 Town and Country Limited with 77,000 miles. I noticed only recently that when I accelerate from a stop there is a clicking noise that comes from the passanger front tire. At least it sounds like it's comming from there. It's odd because it only clicks twice, like a metal to metal sound and it occurs at acceleration and decelleration from low speeds. I don't hear it at higher speeds, but definately there from a stop and when I initially begin to slow the van down. It also doesn't occur until I accelerate. If I idle in drive below 10 MPH or so nothing, but once I accellerate "click click". Also, occurring on dry pavement.

Can anybody help provide me some insight?

-Ted

Reply to
theoreh

Look at your CV joint boots and see if they are split open. If so replace axle or rebuild same.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Both boots are fine.

Reply to