2000 Concorde LXi (3,2L) - Panel Lights - ATC

Of the 6 buttons in this cluster, the first 2 didn't light up last night; 1) Auto/Off, 2) Temp.
The Service Manual I have is the 2000 LHS, 300M, Concorde and Intrepid orange manual from DaimlerChrysler.
I'm having trouble finding the right page that shows what I might be involved in if I choose to replace these bulbs (and hopefully not a entire expensive panel). A picture of the panel is on page 8E-4.
Can anyone point me in the right direction, or if a book isn't readily at hand but the general knowledge is.... comment and give me an idea how involved and expensive this might be please.
Reply to
jaygreg
I would still keep an eye on it, and recalibrate anyway, it only takes a few seconds. Nothing like getting back to the car in the middle of nowhere to find out the brake lights ran the battery down to nil.
Reply to
Greg Houston
I'll have to read that procedure again and get into. Thanks Greg.
P.S> You wouldn't happen to know anything about those ATC control panel lights would you?
>> Hi Greg. I haven't seen the mechanic yet but... the incident never >> recurred. So....??? >> >>>> Of the 6 buttons in this cluster, the first 2 didn't light up last >>>> night; 1) Auto/Off, 2) Temp. >>>> >>>> The Service Manual I have is the 2000 LHS, 300M, Concorde and Intrepid >>>> orange manual from DaimlerChrysler. >>>> >>>> I'm having trouble finding the right page that shows what I might be >>>> involved in if I choose to replace these bulbs (and hopefully not a >>>> entire expensive panel). A picture of the panel is on page 8E-4. >>>> >>>> Can anyone point me in the right direction, or if a book isn't readily >>>> at hand but the general knowledge is.... comment and give me an idea >>>> how >>>> involved and expensive this might be please. >>> >>> >>> Did the brake switch recalibration work? > > I would still keep an eye on it, and recalibrate anyway, it only takes a > few seconds. Nothing like getting back to the car in the middle of > nowhere to find out the brake lights ran the battery down to nil.
Reply to
jaygreg
All I can tell you is what you already know from the FSM. I seem to remember it calls for cluster replacement when the embedded lights fail. :( To help avoid burnout, I've always kept the lights on the minimum usable brightness.
Reply to
Greg Houston