Why no TV commercials for Chrysler 300?

I'll I've been seeing since the super bowl are the same TV commercials for the "200" (formerly known as Sebring).

Where the hell is the new re-designed 300?

Anyone seeing any advertizing for it?

Does it even exist? Do any dealers have it?

Reply to
MoPar Man

Saw a commercial for the 300C on Fox News this morning but it may have been a drop-in on satellite from the Canadian satellite provider. Gotta see it again to be sure. In any event, it kind of stretches the "Imported from Detroit" theme just a little.

Reply to
cavedweller

cavedweller wrote in news:c20009cc-1e0c-483f- snipped-for-privacy@r20g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

commercials

Have seen a new 300 commercial for a couple weeks now, some clothing designer in NYC is driving it and it does continue the "Imported from Detroit" theme. Dealers in Charlotte NC now have several on their lots.

Reply to
CopperTop

That's the stretch...imported from just outside Toronto. The 200 at least comes from Sterling Heights.

Reply to
cavedweller

I have seen commercials lately say the 300 is back.

Reply to
tC

Go figure....my 2 daughters Nissans were made here in the states. My 2 Chevys were made in Canada and My PT Cruiser in Mexico. My wife's Infiniti was the only thing made in the country it's from.

Reply to
CopperTop

i worked on a Canadian Lexus today too

Reply to
Rob

Nothing to 'go figure'. It's the international economy where 'origin' is of little import.

What really matters is

- Is it good/do you like it?

- Does it do the job?

- Can you get it serviced?

- Who gives a monkey's about the rest?

DAS

Reply to
DAS

Rob improperly top-poasted and full-quoted:

Lexus has four factories operating in Japan and one in Cambridge, Ontario. Lexus began building vehicles in Japan in 1989. Its Canada plant opened in September 2003. The RX sport utility vehicle, Lexus' best-selling SUV, is assembled in Canada. All its other vehicles are made in Japan.

As of 2008, there are differing reports that say that only the RX 350 model is made / assembled in Canada. More recent information says that only the ES350, RX350/450h are made in Canada.

I don't know if any of these various 350/450 model are only built in Canada (for the entire north-american market) or if some of these exact same models are also built in Japan (and possibly exported to other destinations in the US/Canada). I also don't know if any of the Canadian-built 350/450 models are exported to destinations outside of north america.

Reply to
MoPar Man

When you think about it, any 300's that are trailered or brough in by rail from Ontario into the US will make their first entry into the US in Detroit (or at least Chrysler could claim that their import paperwork was handled in Detroit).

So the phrase "Imported from Detroit" could actually be technically correct.

Reply to
MoPar Man

Sure. Makes my earlier point about its being a bit of a stretch, though.

Reply to
cavedweller

"DAS" wrote in news:ir84ad$7rj$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Sigh....as I roll my eyes!

Reply to
CopperTop

My Scion tC was made entirely in Japan and sold ONLY in the states. Go figure that one.

Reply to
tC