1993 Caravan "upgrade" advice

I'd like to toss out an idea, if nobody minds.

I own a 1993 Dodge Grand Caravan SE in excellent condition with only

157,000 kilometers (approx. 100,000 miles). I was strolling thru the local pick-a-part auto wrecker here and noticed a few vans in the same year range with the trip computer/compass/thermometer in the overhead console. My van does not have these devices in the console so I was wondering if I could buy the unit, with the associated wiring, from the wrecked van and add them to my van. Would they work with my BCM or would I have to switch the module AND the instrument cluster to digital? [I have the full electro-mechanical instrument cluster] Actually mounting the module in my OH console would be a breeze but my concern is the wiring.

I don't mind the work that may be involved. In fact, I would rather enjoy it. I have often done these kind of "upgrades" to many of the vehicles I have owned in the past, usually installing things like power windows/door locks, power steering, etc.

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Opus-