2000 Town & Country Minivan - Hissing noise coming from the back on passenger side

2000 Town & Country Minivan - Hissing noise coming from the back on passenger side.
Before I get under the van to do a detail inspection, I though a quick
question may help.
While driving, it continously hissing on and off as if the air is deflating from somewhere...
Thks qdn
Fuel pump? It will sound like a gas leak.

It could also be part of the A/C. I forget what it's called but it's the valve block that releases the highside pressure to the low side pressure. Whenever the A/C is on, it is in operation and may be audible. With most Chrysler products, the A/ is on whenever the defroster is selected, so you'll pressurize the system and could hear the noise.
This might make more sense because your rear A/C unit is located in the passenger side, rear corner. It even explains why you hear the noise after the ignition is turned off. (Listen closely near the glove compartment and you'll hear the same noise.)
As long as the A/C compressor is cycling normally, there probably no leak in the system and nothing to worry about.
Hope this helps.
Bob

I have an 01 LXi with the same issue. I think that it's that "load control" thing that has something to do with balancing the shocks. I don't think that it's the A/C because it happens even when I don't have the A/C on. What do you think??