93 camry has loud wind noise near side mirrors

i am trying to figure out where the wind noise is coming from on my 93 camry V6 whilst cruising. it seems as though it is coming from around the side mirrors somewhere. i have tried to eliminate the noise by sealing the the area on the inside of the car opposite the mirror but it doesn't seem to help. thought it was the front side vents initially but they were closed. maybe it is because the front doors are frameless around the windows and there could be air getting in near the side mirrors, i don't know. it's driving me crazy. an otherwise quiet car is spoiled by wind noise when driving. can anyone offer any help?

Reply to
simonnz23

Reminds me of a Ford I was driving doing the same thing. I wound down the window and passed my hand around the mirror until the noise stopped or altered. It was a shallow hole in the moulding which was being resonated by the wind passing over it. I stuffed a piece of chewing gum init.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Never had that problem, but have heard you can slip a dollar bill through the weatherstripping with the door closed, and then move it around the frame to search for loose areas.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus