1996 Voyager Transmission Filter

I am replacing the filter in the automatic transmission of my 1996 Plymouth Voyager 2.4L 4 Valve. I just want to be sure I have the correct filter before I proceed. The filter I removed is (sorta) arrow shaped, has the Chrysler logo on it, is held in place by two screws, and has a flat rubber gasket. The new filter (NAPA Part# 1-7960) is square, does not have any holes to allow for screws, and uses an O-ring.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

-- Christian

Reply to
Inky

I think you have the wrong filter from NAPA.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

They gave you the filter that fits the A604 4 speed electronic tranny by mistake. You need the ATP17466 filter kit (verify this to make sure).

Reply to
SN

Thanks, guys. Yeah, turned out to be the wrong one. Took it back for exchange. All back together now and shifting VERY smoothly.

-- Christian

Reply to
Inky