2002 TC Question

My sister-in-law has a 2002 Chrysler Town & Country with the 3.8l V6. Lately her gauges have been going crazy, and it wouldn't start. The battery was charged. The alternator and battery test fine. Now after several jumps, she has no dash lights when the headlights are on.

Thanks in advance.

Scott T. Indresano

Reply to
Scott T. Indresano

Someone needs to start checking ground and power connections between the battery and the vehicle power distribution - preferably someone with a multimeter that knows how to use it.

I don't know if the T&C has jump posts separate from the battery, but some other late model Chrysler vehicles do, and the connections at the negative and positive jump posts can be come loose/high resistance/intermittent (for example, in the LH cars, the neg. jump post is actually the main vehicle ground point, and the pos. jump post is a single point thru which *all* power except the hot wire to the alternator go - and they are known to get loose and give similar behavior to what you describe).

Alternatively, the BCM maybe going nuts. Try resetting the BCM by removing power (the neg. jump post/main ground) for 15 minutes.

Bill Putney

Reply to
Scott T. Indresano

Recheck the battery and connections. There is an orange wire that is on the positive post battery, if it is loose it will cause no dash lites. And if that is loose then the battery terminal is loose as well and possibly causing the no start.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Glenn

Like your reply. I will be checking my 2001 LHS in the morning.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Reply to