90 Eagle wont crank

Hi; I have a 90 Talon that wont crank. When you turn the key to start, you can here the relay click but it wont turn over. I removed the clutch safety and it is OK. I also removed the starter relay. If I jump the starter relay with a jumper wire, it will start up and run fine. Is there any other fuses or relays to check other than the starter relay near the fuse box?

Thanks for any help

Reply to
komobu

sounds to me like the starter relay is bad if I'm understanding your post correctly. the relay pulls in, you hear it click, and it starts when you bypass the relay completely with wire... sounds like burned contacts in the relay.

that said, if that isn't the problem and you need more help, you might get more knowledgeable help on a DSM forum as your Talon is basically a Mitsubishi Eclipse in drag. Don't be depressed by this; the Eclipse was the one car Mitsubishi made that wasn't a flaming bag of crap.

If a replacement relay cures the problem but the new relay fails quickly, that says to me that the starter is pulling too much current and therefore should be rebuilt.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel