2002 Voyager squeaking while in gear...

I have a 2002 Chrysler Voyager, 4 cylinder. I have some erratic squeaking come from under the engine, only when the vehicle is in gear; drive and reverse; stopped and moving. I have crawled under the vehicle to isolate the sound, but I am risking my life because the sound is made when it is in drive or reverse. It sounds like something needs some grease. It's not a rattling sound, but it sounds like two pieces of solid metal; one piece turning in the other; and they need some grease.

What is making this sound? Does it need immediate attention? Can I fix it myself?

Reply to
Mike