2003 check engine light

This spring the engine light to my 2003 Dodge Caravan went on. I took it to the dealership in Walnut Creek and $500 later they couldn't find the problem and reset the light. One month later, after a lengthy road trip, the light went on again and $750, 4 days, and a rental car later they still had not definatively addressed the problem, but replace the thermostat. That was two months ago and now the darned light is on again. What should I do? I'm thining that "check engine" is a scam for Chrysler. Please help before I take this beast back to the dealership, spend who knows what on something that doesn't fix a problem that I don't have.

Reply to
karen

I've had a problem with the engine check light since my Chrysler Concorde was 3 years old. The stored code is always 33, the air conditioner circuit even without the A/C on. The dealer reduced it's frequency a few times, but it returns in a few months and last fall it became a permanent feature of my instrument display. Early this year I noticed it was on sooner on light rain misty days. I noticed a pile of dust stuck to the terminal block on the right side firewall. I blew the dust off and the frequency of the check light coming on reduced very significantly. Lately it has returned to being more frequent and I've noticed bumpy roads cause it to come on. So now I'm wondering which loose connection on that terminal block it is?

Reply to
Some O

Karen,

You're an idiot for going back to that dealership. The same fool who couldn't find it the first time likely couldn't the second time either. Let me know next time you have 750 bucks to smoke.

This isn't rocket science.

Most parts stores will read your codes for free. Go do that and post back what the code is. Any other conclusion here is a stupid guess.

If a shop can't nail down any problem in your car in 1/2 hour of diagnosis, they have proven themselves incompetent. Never return to that shop.

You can reset the code on your own by disconnecting the battery cable for a few seconds. You'll need a tool, so hopefully tools don't confuse you.

Good luck, and thanks for financially supporting a bunch of people who would otherwise be on welfare subsidized by my taxes.

- N

Reply to
Dll

you paid a dealership to fix your ride and yet they did not! you should ask for a refund or fix it now for free!

snipped-for-privacy@taggesell.org wrote:

Reply to
philthy