2004 Intrepid 2.7 - Long crank time

I have a 2004 Intrepid (2.7) with 50,000 miles on it (I drive a lot) that routinely has a what I feel is a long crank time, and then when it does start it sounds like it is missing for a 2-3 seconds. But the damn thing has never set a code, and of course, it never does it when at the dealer. Any ideas?

Reply to
Bubba Barnsmell from Pig Farm Alabama

As you suggested to another poster:

"You really should have brought your car to the local Chinese restaurant for the diagnostic check. They can tell you more about your car than those discount auto places. Their relatives make all the parts!"

Reply to
RWM

OK, I tried that. They couldn't figure it out either. But they did give me a fortune cookie that said "the last guy that responded to me was very smart man. He brings all his planes here too".

Reply to
Bubba Barnsmell from Pig Farm Alabama

Take it to a garage and have them put a scope on the crank sensor (or put one on yourself ) I'll bet that the output is weak.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Hmm - we were just talking about this. Possibly a fuel system leak down (bad check valve or leaking injector, or bad engine temperature sensor.

Bill Putney

OK on my GM the fuel pump has 2 power sources, one is the oil pressure switch, the second is a relay that is engerized for only 30 seconds or so whiile the oil pressure is building. if the oil drops out it saves the engine by shutting down the fuel pump. the relay is there for , if there is a fuel leak down it will power the pump once the key is in the run position for only 30 seconds.

Reply to
Mr.X