2005 T&C Front Disc Brake Replacement, glue?

Hi All,

I've changed front disc brakes before without any issue.

I recently pull the front disc brakes on a 2005 Town & Country Minivan and found the outside pad glued to the caliper. It wasn't just "stuck" there from all the road grime it looked like it was glued. I gave it a few hits with the hammer and even tried using the C clamp to pull the brake pad off but it wouldn't budge. The inside pad came right out just like every other car I've ever worked on.

I decided I better do some research before continuing and put everything back together.

Anyone ever seen this? Can I just use a utility knife to cut the pad free? Do I need to re-apply glue before installing the new pad?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mike mlhgods hotmail com

Reply to
<mlhgods

some techs use that glue to fix a problem they seem to overlook that is far easier fixed by cleaning the caliper slides and lubing all contact points they use it to help keep the pad off the rotor when the brakes are not applied

when a simple clean> Hi All,

Reply to
philthy

It comes from the factory like that. Hit the pad with a small hammer and it will come off.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower