2007 Caravan Oil Usage

I have a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan with 27,000 miles on it. A couple of weeks ago, the day before I had a dealer appointment for an oil change, the oil light came on. I found the oil level very low and added 2 quarts so I could drive it in for the change. So they started me on an "oil comsumption test." I then left for a 2,500 mile vacation. I had to add 2 quarts along the way and it is now one half quart low. Are they going to tell me a quart per 1,000 miles is acceptable? I hope not. There is no leak and there is no smoke from the exhaust.

Is it likely that oil usage would be more, or less, in my normal city driving than in this vacation trip? Perhaps I should continue the consumption test with city driving?

I don't know if this is related, but a few days before the recent oil change the check engine light came on and they replaced the EVG valve (if I remember the part correctly).

I have an extended warranty so any repairs will be covered (unless they say this level of oil usage is within acceptable limits.

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Ed