3.0 V6 Lifter Noise Solution

98 Voyager 3.0L V6. I may have found the answer to the notorious 3.0 L Mitsu Motor Lifter Noise. When doing an oil leak job on mine, I decided to redo the pan gasket. With the pan off I discovered the oil pump to block gasket had failed. I replaced it.

Since then I have not experienced the lifter noise even after the Voyager has been sitting out overnight in sub-zero weather.

Coincidence? Perhaps. But the proof is in the sweet silence!

Peter

Reply to
Khodabear

So, a loss of pressure at that point in the system is the main culprit?

Since you put fresh oil in, (5w30 right?) could you monitor the noise until your next oil change and repost here if the noise recurs?

Thanks, HB

Reply to
Henry Bemis

I did add fresh oil - 5w-30. It's now - what - 2 months - probably only 1200 miles - still some leaking but nothing like before - zero lifter noise - and this unit was a real thrashing machine. I'll update again

Peter

Henry Bemis wrote:

Reply to
Khodabear