300c Hurst!

Seen an article with the 300C Hurst package!

Reply to
partsmore

post a link!!

Reply to
Buhda

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Oldsmobile is going to be so pi...... Wait a minute, they went out of business, didn't they? I have to say, that color scheme looks so 70's to me.

http://www.jal> > post a link!!

Reply to
Joe

That orange stripe looks nasty. The plastic engine covers are also a big turn off. I'm also not a fan of chrome wheels.

------------ Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

Gee thanks! I just barfed all over my keyboard. I didn't think it was possible to make the 300 uglier! I was wrong!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I think that this thing is meant to have a bridesmaid effect. The bridesmaids at weddings wear hideous dresses so that the bride looks beautiful. The Hurst is painted in horrible colors to make a regular 300 looks good.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

Well, if that what it takes. ;-)

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Better this than what GM had to resort to when nobody bought Pontiac Azteks...they practically gave the ugly pieces of shit to their employees so the Azteks would appear on the road to give the illusion of market acceptance.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern
Reply to
James C. Reeves

Well the Aztec sells better than the GTO does!

But I agree, the Aztec is about as ugly as they come. Perhaps they need to try this bridesmaid effect too!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Yeah - that is something for Pontiac to really be proud of!

Reply to
RPhillips47

They remind me of dough mixers in bakeries. If one is in front of me, (unlikely since Pontiac drivers speed) I can imagine the cover lifting, rotating blades stopping, and clunk, throwing out 200 pounds of dough for the missing table.

Kind of like the Japanese brand of car that had a "ATM" in the tailgate 15-20 years ago.

Reply to
clemslay

Don't remember that one, but it's always worth half a chuckle to see a Toyota emblazoned with "TRD"...

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
marlinspike

So the real question is, does it actually have a manual transmixer? It's called a "Hurst" for f*ck's sake but nobody is saying anything about the tranny!

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Valvoline link indicates 5 speed slush box, but not the manufacturer.

Motortrend link indicates a "new Hurst dual-gate shifter", but not if a stick or slush box.

Reply to
Mike Behnke

The original "Hurst dual-gate shifter" was used in the '97 GTO automatic I used to have. One side typical auto Park-Reverse-Neutral-Drive, with the other side having gated Slap Shift thru the gears.

Gramps

Reply to
Jim Shulthiess