'89 New Yorker Brakes

Hello All, I own a "89 New Yorker with ABS and rear disc brakes. On Friday, the rear brakes they began to grind. So, I immediately parked it until I was able to get parts. Today, after gathering new pads and a loaner rear disc brake tool, I had planned on tackling the job. Unfortauntely, all I was abe to do is remove the rear caliper and pads. I could not get the tool between the caliper piston and edge to rotate the piston back in. I believe the piston is at its full outward travel. I tried using the tool (a spanner disk with a clamp) but the piston was too hard to move.

Anyone have any ideas? BTW, Anyone know what type of ABS system is on this puppy?

Thank you,

Jesse

Reply to
Jes

Try releasing some of the fluid back pressure before you do this , perhaps by opening the bleed screw on the caliper ?

Reply to
Steven Fleckenstein