92chrysler new yorker

i have a 92 new yorker that the dome light wont go off. it stays on all the time if you have any info about this please help.

Reply to
badtool

You HAVE checked the dash switch (controls brightness of instrument panel lights) to be sure it is not set to "full", as this manually turns on the dome lights?

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I know there are a few years between these two however:

I had an 85 Turbo New Yorker that the dome light would not turn off. It turned out to be a defective integrated circuit (think a hex counter ?) that would count down the time before the light auto turned off when you first get into the car and shut the door. It was marked with chrysler part numbers but a friend in electronics did some homework and found a replacement that worked from his junk box under his work bench. This IC was tucked up in the overhead console near the compass and other goodies. Not sure how radical a change was made to this circuit over the years. Steve

Reply to
Steve Stone

thank you for your infom i will check it both out . but for now i took out the fuse.

Reply to
badtool