93 3.3 DRB II Scan tool

If you're speaking of the infamous Bendix 10 ABS system that was used from

1990-1993, then a scanner isn't required to bleed the brakes (but is for diagnostics). I've never had to use one to bleed, and the FSM doesn't mention the need for one either.

OTC did put out an ABS catridge for the 4000E but I have no idea if it covered Chrysler ABS.

Not at all. You need an extension cable. OTC makes one and you can find them on Ebay. I don't have the part number handy.

Reply to
SN

maxpower

You can buy a DRB scan tool from Chrysler. It's listed on the their Tech Pubs site. But I don't think you will want one when you see the price. It's over $6,000. Take Daniel Stern's advice and use an OTC scanner. A OTC2000 or OTC 4000 will do fine for a 93. You can find them very reasonable on eBay.

Reply to
eldred30

Reply to
mic canic

Reply to
mic canic

Sure.

No shit? Gee, when did this all start?

That's very profound Darryl, it's like saying "I'm older then I've ever been before."

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Ebay had the complete kit, wires, DRB3 and cards for 2000.00. There are lots of the old DRB2 on there also

Reply to
damnnickname

That's great if all you're ever likely to work on is ChryCo vehicles, the OTC and the Snap-On will work on a variety of domestics, Asian imports and European imports not to mention that the OTC and S-O often come with troubleshooting software that would be a great assistance for the DIYer who doesn't have ready access to specifications, sensor values or known insider fixes (silver bullets).

I think once a DIYer invests in such a tool, he'd be anxious to amatorize out his investment using on friends and family vehicles also.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
mic canic

Okay, Glen says that the DRBIII will do generic OBD2 on 96 and newer, you say that it will work on all vehicles in the U.S. market. Which one of you should we believe?

When you say that it will pull "emissions codes," at best one might believe that it will pull generic OBD2 codes which means that it lacks manufacturer specific or enhanced code/data stream capability which in effect means that in the mode you cite, it's

1/4 to 1/3 of a scan tool on non ChryCo vehicles.

When you get the chance, see how well it does on an OBD2 Ford at retrieving miss-fire data; current and historical. Since the NGS doesn't even do miss-fires and it's the factory tool for Fords, the DRB would be one hell of a tool.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

That is not true either pal, it shows sensor values, its used as a dual trace lab scope,its a number of things, Hey dont take it so serious, learn to enjoy life, dont be an ass hole forever

Reply to
damnnickname

Hey Mic, I posted to you on the last one that was directed to your asshole fan cuda, Damn eyes dont work the way they used to, But the DRB3 will work on any vehicle with the OBD2 connector, you just gotta make sure you set it up as a generic scan tool at the start. It does show values sensors and code, and can also use the dual trace lab scope with them also

Reply to
damnnickname

Since this is a reply to Darryl's post, it would appear that you're disagreeing with him, and calling him an asshole.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

"Generic scan tool", same as what an OTC or Snap-On will do, same as what a $99 Harbor Freight scan tool will do. He should spend six thousand dollars (read: wipe his ass with $100 bills) for

-what- reason again?

But not ALL sensor values, and he'd be limited to the generic OBD2 stuff, excluding any use on ABS, body computer, transmission computer on non ChryCo stuff since none of it is part of the OBD2 protocol.

Generic OBD2 codes, no manufacture specific or enhanced codes, no ABS codes, not transmission codes on non ChryCo vehicles. And Mode 6, is that displayed as hexidecimal? Does he get to stay chained to his PC so he can do the conversions, if so, he might just as well buy scan tool software for $200-$500.

WOW, dual trace lab scope. The rest of us have graduated to 4 trace and 8 trace lab scopes.

And in the end, the DIYer OP still doesn't receive the benefit of Pathfinder or Troubleshooter software.

Sorry Glen, your recommendations for a phallic extension totally miss the mark.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
maxpower

Obviously you don't know the definition of "generic" as applied to OBD2 diagnostics. In this case, it means that the user will get some very basic rudimentary information, i.e., a few codes and a few sensors.

The OP could have so much more in the way of versatility for much less money.

Cost versus benefit, it isn't -that- hard to figure out.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I did, all I saw was more of your inane ramblings.

Young love... ...how romantic.

Honestly you two, we really don't need to know the specifics, especially when you name body parts.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Yes I no that is what that means, If you read I said it reads faults and values, I do know it wont do everything because its GENERIC, and I understand that for someone who wants to use it for a certain car would be better off with an after market tester,I dont work on fords, chevy or anything else therefore i dont know what it can do except read values and codes. You and a number of your idiot friends such as Daniel Stern try to analyze everything and turn it into bullshit debates.....>> In this case, it means that the user will get some very basic

snipped-for-privacy@newsclstr01.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
maxpower