93 3.3 DRB II Scan tool

can
the
OK, for all you guys (and gals) that have an extra $6000 burning a hole in your pocket, here's a link so you can buy your very own new DRB !! :-)
https://techauthority.gltghosting.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ScanToolFlye r
But seriously, for a 1993 (pre-OBD2) all you need is an OTC Monitor 4000E, a cartridge 1993 or newer, and if you are the unfortunate owner of an A-604 4 speed electronic transmission too, then you need the Chrysler A-604 Transmission & Chassis (CCD) Adapter to go with it. You can readily pick up the scanner and cartridge on Ebay for roughly $75 or less. The CCD adapter is a little harder to find on Ebay, but they appear occasionally for anywhere from $20-$50.

https://techauthority.gltghosting.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ScanToolFlye
4
up
Unless of course you want to bleed your ABS brakes in which case only a DRB will work.
I have a OTC Monitor 4000E with all the stuff mentioned above. Only problem is who was the bozo who decided the engine compartment was a good place for the engine diagnostic connector? Kind of makes road tests a bit impossible.
Ted
That would have been Chrysler and with our DRB, we have no problem with the connection, it wasnt designed for your OTC monitor.....just curious, how long is the cable on your tester?,

you
on
in
https://techauthority.gltghosting.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ScanToolFlye
4000E,
A-604
adapter
DRB
problem

DRB
If you're speaking of the infamous Bendix 10 ABS system that was used from 1990-1993, then a scanner isn't required to bleed the brakes (but is for diagnostics). I've never had to use one to bleed, and the FSM doesn't mention the need for one either.
OTC did put out an ABS catridge for the 4000E but I have no idea if it covered Chrysler ABS.

problem
Not at all. You need an extension cable. OTC makes one and you can find them on Ebay. I don't have the part number handy.
There is no option to bleed the brakes on the DRB but when you go into acuate/hydraulic and then open and close the solonoids it makes bleeding the system very easy and fast. alot of Techs dont know this because it wasnt written in any of the diagnostic books

had
them

had
No it does not. I have an e-mail from OTC directly on this, Chrysler did not release ABS info for either the Bendix 10 or the Bendix 4 (which I have) OTC has no tool that will bleed them.
You don't need a tool to bleed ABS unless the system gets air in it. Once the ABS unit gets air in it you can only bleed it properly by opening all the selonoids with a DRB. Presumably if your on top of the brakes, and catch leaks early, this won't happen.

them
No big deal, the cable uses a standard DIN, I wouldn't be much of a tech if I couldn't make an extension cable myself now, would I?
It's just the moronic positioning of the engine connector in the compartment, instead of under the dash like everyone else.
Ted
You can buy a DRB scan tool from Chrysler. It's listed on the their Tech Pubs site. But I don't think you will want one when you see the price. It's over $6,000. Take Daniel Stern's advice and use an OTC scanner. A OTC2000 or OTC 4000 will do fine for a 93. You can find them very reasonable on eBay.
Ebay had the complete kit, wires, DRB3 and cards for 2000.00. There are lots of the old DRB2 on there also
In article

That's great if all you're ever likely to work on is ChryCo vehicles, the OTC and the Snap-On will work on a variety of domestics, Asian imports and European imports not to mention that the OTC and S-O often come with troubleshooting software that would be a great assistance for the DIYer who doesn't have ready access to specifications, sensor values or known insider fixes (silver bullets).
I think once a DIYer invests in such a tool, he'd be anxious to amatorize out his investment using on friends and family vehicles also.
The DRB3 is also a generic scan tool which will do all 96 models that are OBD2 ready

actually if you were as smart as you are a smart ass you would know that the drb3 works on all vehicles in the us market for pulling emission codes
aarcuda69062 wrote:

Okay, Glen says that the DRBIII will do generic OBD2 on 96 and newer, you say that it will work on all vehicles in the U.S. market. Which one of you should we believe?
When you say that it will pull "emissions codes," at best one might believe that it will pull generic OBD2 codes which means that it lacks manufacturer specific or enhanced code/data stream capability which in effect means that in the mode you cite, it's 1/4 to 1/3 of a scan tool on non ChryCo vehicles.
When you get the chance, see how well it does on an OBD2 Ford at retrieving miss-fire data; current and historical. Since the NGS doesn't even do miss-fires and it's the factory tool for Fords, the DRB would be one hell of a tool.
Hey Mic, I posted to you on the last one that was directed to your asshole fan cuda, Damn eyes dont work the way they used to, But the DRB3 will work on any vehicle with the OBD2 connector, you just gotta make sure you set it up as a generic scan tool at the start. It does show values sensors and code, and can also use the dual trace lab scope with them also
In article

"Generic scan tool", same as what an OTC or Snap-On will do, same as what a $99 Harbor Freight scan tool will do. He should spend six thousand dollars (read: wipe his ass with $100 bills) for -what- reason again?

But not ALL sensor values, and he'd be limited to the generic OBD2 stuff, excluding any use on ABS, body computer, transmission computer on non ChryCo stuff since none of it is part of the OBD2 protocol.

Generic OBD2 codes, no manufacture specific or enhanced codes, no ABS codes, not transmission codes on non ChryCo vehicles. And Mode 6, is that displayed as hexidecimal? Does he get to stay chained to his PC so he can do the conversions, if so, he might just as well buy scan tool software for $200-$500.

WOW, dual trace lab scope. The rest of us have graduated to 4 trace and 8 trace lab scopes.
And in the end, the DIYer OP still doesn't receive the benefit of Pathfinder or Troubleshooter software.
Sorry Glen, your recommendations for a phallic extension totally miss the mark.
yea i know i used it to show a misifre on a ford with a bad coil pac
damnnickname wrote:

Really Darryl?
What model and year was it?
full size van with a 5.4 2001
aarcuda69062 wrote:

Sorry, no coil "pac" on that vehicle.
Try again.
it was a while ago so i might have the year wrong but it was there on a van with a 5.4 i also got 8.0 for replacing plugs removal of intake a help but not nessary is the same neil of Wisconsin that has numinous complaints against his certs??? just wondering aarcuda69062 wrote:

I will state it again; The Ford 5.4 liter engine doesn't use and has never used "coil packs."

Do we even want to know who financed that rip off?

What "certs?" There is no such thing as "certs' in Wisconsin.

Yeah, me too. I'm wondering if both of these stories are a figment of your imagination or if they're the bald faced lies they appear to be.