93 3.3 DRB II Scan tool

You expected anything brighter/better from "maxpower"...?

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I guess we'll have to wait until he's moved up from the wash rack to new car prep.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Sucks being the shop dunce, eh?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
mic canic

Oooo, this ought to be good.

Funny, every time the subject comes up in industry publications, it's the other way around. GM, Ford and Chrysler are spending millions of dollars trying to woo the customers back to the dealership service department. And honestly, why would anyone feel threatened by a situation where line mechanics have to give a manufacturer a 33% discount on their labors? Are all the Ford dealership mechanics in St. Louis still on strike over labor times Glen? Should I be threatened by that?

We always thought we were being unfair? I always thought I were being unfair?

Is the above statement of your supposed to make sense?

Someone who knows what they are doing? Where? When?

You know, it's funny that you bring up lolly pops, because that exactly reminds me of your little DRB3 diatribe. Little Glen wants to show off his lolly pop.

You know what, so have I? Like just within the last day or so, someone posted a reply to someone who is having engine trouble and the person having trouble remarked that the right side exhaust pipe is stone cold and that they had a vacuum on the right side exhaust pipe, but the person offering advice said that they doubted that it could be a cam timing problem. Maybe you missed that particular exchange... ... oh wait, you were part of it. Yup, no sense what so ever. especially since it takes all of 10 minutes to verify cam timing on a 3.5 liter LH car.

Is it any wonder, especially since you managed to make a contraction out of the word "see?"

Trust me, I don't feel threatened, I do feel embarrassed however.

You mean like the customer a few weeks ago? He went to the Dodge dealer with his 2001 Ram 1500 4X4 for a loose steering complaint three different times, they couldn't or wouldn't help him. Three different times he asked them to TAKE his money. He got my name from a co-worker, the truck needed new tie rod ends and a track bar. Nice fat juicy job that the dealership didn't get or didn't want. (why would they turn down gravy front end work?) Or how about the 97 Tahoe with the SES light on and failed emissions because of said light being on, dealership told her she needed two new cats and all four O2 sensors, damn near $2000 on the estimate. Luckily her father is a friend of mine and he sent her over, did some tests, hung a fuel filter on it, drove it until the monitors had run and ran it thru the test station for her, all for under $100. Yeah Glen, I feel -real- threatened. Please, keep using that ball point pen to fix cars 'cause I'm loving every minute of it.

Our what?

We? FWIW, I already have the testers.

Oh, good. I was worried because about twelve years ago, I turned down a job with the company Chrysler sub-contracts their training out to. Glad to see that it's being handled.

We? I remind you, you are just a dealership shlep, and you know full well that the service department is the asshole of the dealership.

Actually, given the level of diagnostic capability, I think they're getting easier. Hell, the information I want from my AAR is a hell of a lot harder to come by when compared to plugging into the diagnostic port of my Intrepid or my Dakota. Of course, I can see how someone such as yourself with a comprehension problem might feel that way.

Really, have you authored many TSBs Glen? Some how, I doubt it.

" Capitalizean?"

Folks, this is the man who [didn't] fix your car while it was under warranty, are there any questions?

Ahh, that Chrysler could only see the efforts you go to to make bad PR.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Really Darryl?

What model and year was it?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

No it does not. I have an e-mail from OTC directly on this, Chrysler did not release ABS info for either the Bendix 10 or the Bendix 4 (which I have) OTC has no tool that will bleed them.

You don't need a tool to bleed ABS unless the system gets air in it. Once the ABS unit gets air in it you can only bleed it properly by opening all the selonoids with a DRB. Presumably if your on top of the brakes, and catch leaks early, this won't happen.

No big deal, the cable uses a standard DIN, I wouldn't be much of a tech if I couldn't make an extension cable myself now, would I?

It's just the moronic positioning of the engine connector in the compartment, instead of under the dash like everyone else.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

An intelligent person would have picked this up easy when you asked about Chrysler warranty pay and my comment was that my ink pen still works for me. You use you ink pen (and for those lame people that dont undertsand) that means documenting the RO for Chrysler to pay you, if you dont write it up , you dont get paid.Perfect example of analyzing what I post to degrade

theres a space missing between capitalize (an) "I" now what? > Let me spell it out,

Reply to
maxpower

Yes, an intelligent person -would- have. You didn't, still haven't. Guess what that makes you?

So, all one has to do is "write it up." Any questions folks? (you're doing fine Glen ;-) Here's a hint Glen; I've spent many years working in dealerships right next to mechanics exactly like you, guys who's number one tool is the pen, they fix nothing but they sure have the system locked down pat. They're not even considered to be a one trick pony, they're more like a zero trick pony.

Again, what is it exactly that you are taking away?

You comprehend so poorly... I am merely showing people (with your help) how things work on the dealership end of auto repair.

Yeah, if only you could cut and paste. Complicated task, that. Any questions folks?

Now I explain that such habits are a strong indicator of someone who is lazy, pays no attention to detail and can't be bothered to perform the job completely. I explain that someone who has yet to master skills taught in the third grade, is unlikely to be able to perform the necessary tasks to properly repair a modern vehicle.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
mic canic

Sorry, no coil "pac" on that vehicle.

Try again.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
mic canic

Reply to
mic canic

I will state it again; The Ford 5.4 liter engine doesn't use and has never used "coil packs."

Do we even want to know who financed that rip off?

What "certs?" There is no such thing as "certs' in Wisconsin.

Yeah, me too. I'm wondering if both of these stories are a figment of your imagination or if they're the bald faced lies they appear to be.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

What's the matter, am I making you uncomfortable every time I catch you in a lie?

No "coil packs" on a Ford 5.4 liter V-8, never has been.

Ya know Darryl, if you're going to tell tall tales, you should research the subject a little better.

As for offering advice, I do. Contrary to your buddy Glen who totally choked on that 96 LHS that barely ran, hell, he was selling them cam and crank sensors that they didn't need.

You dealership guys crack me up, if there isn't a trouble code or a TSB, you're LOST!

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
maxpower

"Ramping?"

It was the one with the cold exhaust, here is your second (nonsensical) reply;

All you managed to come up with was to throw some un-needed parts at the problem.

Neither do I. But the clues the OP was giving made it pretty obvious.

I didn't post that "everyone" was wrong, just you hotshot.

Not "all" the posts, just yours hotshot.

You're not much better as a Psychiatrist...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

OK threatened little boy . If the check engine lite was going off and on as you were driving it, that indicates a cylinder misfire( IS THIS TRUE LITTLE BOY CUDA??

You say it was pinging, that may be a faulty crank or cam sensor causing that and the misfire at the same time(((.NOTICE THE WORD "MAY" LITTLE BOY? ))

I would have the PCM scanned for all fault codes. With that many miles on the vehicle......and if they were never replaced.......I would replace both cam and crank sensors even if the codes are not related( OK FOR THE LAME AGAIN))) SEE WHERE IT SAYS IF THEY WERE NEVER REPLACED I WOULD REPLACE THEM EVEN IF IT ISNT RELATED TO THE PROBLEM?? sorta like a maintenance thing, remember when we replaced the condensor and points on vehicles for maintenance to prevent break downs on the road, well once again, for the lame, thats why I said that, but then again, you may not be old enough to remember those vehicles

When was the last time this car had plugs and wires installed?. AND THE LAST QUESTION TO NARROW IT DOWN WAS NEVER ANSWERED LITTLE BOY

All you managed to come up with was to throw some un-needed parts at the problem?? WHERE? THE QUESTIONS WERE NEVER ANSWERED THREATENED LITTLE BOY?

.

I didn't post that "everyone" was wrong, just you hotshot. Not "all" the posts, just yours hotshot.( AND ONCE AGAIN THREATENED BY THE DEALER TECHNICIANS) what a tough life you live, WHATS THE MATTER THE WIFE ISNT GOING TO GIVE YOU THE ARGUMENT SO YOU HAVE TO GET IT IN HERE, LIKE I SAID YOU CAN GET HELP FOR THIS PROBLEM OF YOURS

replaced.......I

Reply to
maxpower