93 3.3 Rear Heater hose line

Has anyone replaced the factory heater hose line with an all rubber hose line ? My line usually will rust through in a few years and it's expensive to replace that all the time. I thought maybe a rubber hose would work better and not be subject to rusting.

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
ncs

Is this in a minivan? People have posted here that have done that, it works fine. If you really want to do it right you might consider heater hose that has steel braid covering it, that way a rock or some such doesen't ket kicked up and end up making a hole in the hose and stranding you somewhere.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

YEs the rubber heater hose works fine, I have approx 100,000 miles on my 94 GV since I replaced it with no problems at all. Another avenue is to visit a local speed shop or RV place, they have 1/2" and 5/8" Aluminum fuel line that also works well, very easy to bend and tuck out of the way but a little more $ than the std heater hose, allthough heater hose works fine.

Butch

Reply to
Anton382

I find that silicone heater hose lasts forever in place of the generic aftermarket heater hose - available at the same speed shops that Anton mentioned, or at truck (18-wheeler) repair shops, or at small shops that service your local fleet of police cars. It also costs a little more, but not in the long run.

Bill Putney

Great !! thanks a lot for all the good feedback. I'm going to try it. I can check when I take the old hose off, but by any chance does anyone know the sizes for both hoses ? It looks like they are both the same size, don't know if it's 1/2" or 5/8".

Again, thanks for all the valuable feedback, I really appreciate it.

Nick

Reply to
ncs