'94 Grand Cherokee steering gear box broke

My 94 GC Ltd with 120+k miles (no wrecks or off-roading) which has been driven by wife back & forth to work has a broken steering box. It's held on by 3 bolts, 2 on driver's side & one on other side. The 2 on driver's side just sheared off, luckily @ home while starting out in the am. Daughter who is just learning to drive was driving @ the time. I see recall item on Auto Mail USA but I cann't remember receiving notice. Date of recall was 04/28/1997 & recall ref is NHSTA:97V069000. Estimated vehicles affected: 2,500

Reply to
george