Transmission Question

I have a 96 Grand Voyager with a 41 4 speed Transmission. I had it replaced at 53k with a Chrysler factory rebuilt. It came with a

36/36,000k warranty. I have 3k and 1 month left on the warranty. It doesn't seem to downshift properly. It doesn't happen all the time, but mostly when going up steep hills. It will bog down unless you down shift by pressing on the accelerator. Then it kicks down sometimes into second gear, and won't come out until the road levels off. Sometimes when you are rolling to a stop, you can feel it release, almost like it's getting stuck (like the GM's lock up torque converter). The fluid was completely changed at 27k, and replaced with Castrol ATF-3. The recommend one for Chrysler products. Any suggestions?
Reply to
davebz1a

Oof. This doesn't help you now, but that was the wrong thing to do. Not only is it almost certain that you did not need a replacement transmission (rather a limited-scope repair or replacement of a failed sensor on your original) but also the factory remanufactured transmissions have a very poor service record.

Get it in *now* to a competent transmission diagnostician for proper diagnosis. You don't have much time left before the warranty's toast.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
jdoe