97 t&c gas cap door..??

antone know of a good place to order or find a replacement "gas cap door" for my 97 t&c? ...

kids leaned on it and broke it off @ a gas station....1st item to break on car w > 125k miles ;-)

please e mail me @ snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com w/any info...as i do not cruise this ng...thanx !!

richard colorado

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Most any auto salvage yard should have one.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

found one...(wrong color...but, no biggie)...so...i managed to remove old one and install new one...basically a "clip on plastic affair" but, now comes the hard part...how the %$#@ do i re attach the small, ridged, wire...that runs foward .. and "tells" the sliding door...when to be careful ... the gas door is open...i guess it must dis-able the sliding door...so the kids do not knock off the cap door...by sliding open the large sliding side door... it seems i should be able to acess this small wire attachement from inside the van...or under the wheel well...or??

some sorta mechanics seceret here i suspect... ;-) anyone want to give it up to me???....

thanx !! also...thanx to the responses initially...i found a good door this am in denver at a sugguested parts outlet...thanx to this ng... outttt......

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

anyone?....anyone?.......sure could use some help on this clip.......

-----snip--------------------------

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Reply to
mic canic

i found and installed a used cap door...i now need advice in how to hook up the small wire that enables / disables the large slider door...does the interior pannel get removed..??...if so, how??..thanx !!

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Beats me. Given the lack of responses, I'm guessing nobody else knows either. I'd say you need to either invest in a factory service manual or visit your local dealer.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

yea...you may be right Matt....

thanx...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

And look here, the real thing only $50 for you:

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt