99 T & C spark plug change - follow up

Well, I completed the spark plug job today. What a PITA.

Back side driver and middle got from below with" relative" ease with a small 3/8" ratchet and a short extension. Vehicle was jacked up and on short stands to give me working room.

Passenger side rear required the removal of the top bracket plate on the alternator bracket and swinging the alternator to the rear of the vehicle. Even with this it was the hardest of the three, done completely by feel.

Front three then became a vacation by comparison.

Total job took about 2.5 hours, including the process of putting it on stands and then letting it down.

I remember changing the plugs on my '67 Malibu 283 in less than fifteen minutes one time.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

It is, its terrble Did they not think about the owner when they decided that was the layout?

on my MG metro turbo (same engine as the mini) my best time for changing the plugs was around 4 1/2 minutes.

Reply to
flobert

Hope you've put in reputable long life platinum plugs. C K

Reply to
CKC

Thanks for the follow up. Congratulations. Hope you changed the plug wires at the same time!

In my case, I did not ever remove the alternator. Just the bracket was all the space I needed. It took some time and a lot of extensions, but could be done. This way I never had to retighten the alternator since the bolt held it in place.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Reply to
philthy

not really. Personally, I HATE working on cars. so, my aim is always to get the job does quickly, and get it done so that I only have to do the job once.

Reply to
flobert

Reply to
philthy

my here? makes no sense, as usual.

Why are YOU here. You don't seem to own a relevent vehicle, you don't help anyone, you seem, from what i've read, to play the part of the crazy guy who does nothing all day but spout shit.

Reply to
flobert