99 T&C Tires

Any suggestions on replacement tires for this van.It is driven in the northeast.Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dan

jdoe

Some of the very best for this application are the Goodyear Aquatread 3's and the new Mich Hydrotread's.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

If you have the extra buck I have found that the michelin X one is the best tire I have ever put on my 1999 dodge grand caravan.

Reply to
robert

We put Dunlop SP Sport A2 in size 235/60-16 on our '98 GC Sport. Good in the wet and snow, great in the dry.

Reply to
RWM

We put Dunlop SP Sport A2 in size 235/60-16 on our '98 GC Sport. Good in the wet and snow, great in the dry.

Reply to
RWM

wet and snow,

My set of Sport A2's became unbearably noisy and out-of-round, and I've seen posts by other A2 owners of similar problems, though they are grippy. I was never so glad to get rid of a set of tires in my life.

Bill Putney

the wet and snow,

Guess you should have insisted on quiet, round A2s... or we got lucky.

Reply to
RWM

the wet and snow,

Yeah - must be. Also, LH cars seem to be vulnerable/sensitive to tire noise problems. Anyway, I'm staying away from so-called "performance" tires for a long while. Nothing but touring tires for me - nice and quiet, typically much lower cost, much higher tread mileage, and some hope of warranty adjustments if problems do develop (and less likely to have problems).

Bill Putney

in the wet and snow,

Oddly enough, the A2s are wearing better than the OEM Michelins MX4s, which were both very greasy in the wet, self-sacrificed at a high rate in the dry, and were expensive to boot had I chosen to replace them. I can't recall a worse OEM tire on any car I've owned (or a worse value).

Reply to
RWM

the wet and snow,

I've had great luck with Michelin tires over the years, but I don't think I've owned MX4s. I currently have the Michelin RainForce tires on my 96 GV and they are wearing great. I've got about 43,000 on them and would guess they are a little more than half gone. I expect to get 65 -

70,000 or so from them before I don't feel safe on them.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

Goodyear Conquests on my 2000 Caravan were the worst OEM tires I have ever used. They made so much noise I thought the transaxle had a bad gear set!

clam

Reply to
Willis McSwain

Good in the wet and snow,

Want something worse? Try Chrysler's new OEM choice, the Bridgestone's that are only OEM marketed. A real step down from the Mich MX4.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard