Crossfire incentives coming up?

Some dealers on eBay are selling 04' Crossfires at below MSRP. I see incentives coming...

Reply to
Curly

*shrug*

They may have some value down the line as collector items when Chrysler inevitably cancels the line. It's the Prowler of the 21st century. Underpowered, overpriced, produced in extremely limited quantities. Another Edsel. Congrats!!

Cheers,

Chris Mauritz

I don't think the X-fire has any direct analog to any previous Chrysler vehicle. Prowler and Viper are/were ultra-low production vehicles with either outrageous styling or outrageous power and their own unique platform. I don't think Chrysler EVER had any problems selling every Prowler/Viper they made and always without discounting them.

We'll see if the X-fire lasts as many model years as the Prowler.

I think the X-fire is to Chrysler what the Thunderbird is to Ford.

It's not an Edsel. The Edsel was a flop because it was it was meant to be a mass-produced car (unlike the Prowler, or Viper, or X-fire). Slap a different front-end on the Edsel and it probably would have met sales expectations.

It must be that Chrysler's German management thinks the X-fire is chic or cool as far as the US market is concerned. I think they have a German (or European) view of what an American sportster should look like. Trouble is that Americans (and CDN's) with $$$ don't buy sportsters - they buy sports sedans. Maybe (or probably) Europeans buy (expensive) sportsters moreso than Americans. Maybe the SLK sells better in Europe than the X-fire ever will here.

Bottom line is that the X-fire is a German answer to a north-american auto segment that doesn't exist.

But maybe DC doesn't care about X-fire sales. Maybe all they want is a glitzy car to trot around to all the auto-shows to contribute to the buzz surrounding DC's exhibits.

Has DC aired any TV commercials for the X-fire yet?

Reply to
MoPar Man