ABS light on

Hi

I just bought this car and the ABS light turned on. The mechanics are charging me a lot just to check what does that means. I wanna know an opinion before going to the shop.

It's a 1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi and the mechanic wants to change the Gasket also. How much does this part usually costs?

How about the spark plugs, he said that I need to do the tune up because to change the spark plugs he needs to open the top of the engine.

Thanks for any advice!

Eduardo

Reply to
Ferrari.NET

Eduardo

You need a second opinion after you let us know more information. Like what gasket etc.

But my first thought is the mechanic is taking you like Grant took Richmond. Without a shot.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Ace

You make no sense. you go from ABS to Gasket??? First of all they cant tell you what is wrong with the ABS untill they get a fault code and then we cant give you any help untill you give us the fault code!!A little more info on the engine size would help to. I would think a 2.5 litre?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname