ABS Light On

1998 explorer; V8; 107,000 miles; AWD Does anyone know how I can turn off the ABS light so I can trade the car in without losing money due to it being on?
Reply to
Robert Fazzio

Fix the ABS problem. Would you want to buy a vehicle that someone had bypassed a safety system "to be able to trade it in"?

-- Gerry

Reply to
Gerry Pierce

Ahhh, integrity is alive and well.... but it don't live with that guy.

I would think that a lawyer would find all manner of criminal and corporate opportunities in an adventure such as that.

Reply to
Jim Warman

If you succeed in being able to turn it off and trade it in...I hope you daughter buys it...what a dipshit!

Al in Poughkeepsie

Reply to
Alan E. Seelbach

Robert

The ABS light is designed to come on for appx 6 secs when you turn on the key (POST).

Rest assured any dealership will be looking for the basics before they even start haggling with you on a price - and it will drastically lower the trade-in value if you don't get it fixed.

They can also "pull codes" and find your ABS problem too. Best bet is to get it fixed - you might even need the ABS on the way to the dealer.

Vito

Reply to
Vito