Advice please on diagnosing small electrical problem on Sebring

On my 2001 Sebring convertible, the rear window defogger has stopped working. I intend to check things out tomorrow.

The thing that confuses me is that the light on the dash that says the defogger is on, turns on when you press the button. Does this mean that the fuse must be OK, or is that not related to the state of the fuse at all?

Thanks for any advice

-- Rickety

Reply to
rickety

Mine stopped working on my '03 GTC Convertible the other day. Turns out the solder joint on the contact broke off one side of the window. For the record, my light turned on in the dash too when I pressed the button.

Reply to
Jason

Reply to
mic canic

both you and Jason were right. The tab broke off the window.

-- Rickety

Reply to
rickety