Airbag light and Cruise proble 00 Grand Caravan

My Air bag Warning light is on on my 2000 Grand Caravan and the cruise control is not working. I checked all the fuses, disconnected and re-connected the battery. Everything looks ok, the car runs fine, any ideas?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Hungus

Does your horn work? Sounds like your clockspring on which there may be a recall. I say may as 2000 model year may not. You can check with your dealer or go to "www. chrysler.com" or "

", click the "For Owners" on the menu, then follow directions by adding your VIN. from that you will learn which recalls have not been performed on your vehicle.

RP

Reply to
RPhillips47

Reply to
Karl Hungus

My guess is still the clockspring.

Reply to
RPhillips47

Mine too. I'm not familiar with the minivans, but on most Chrysler vehicles, there are at least two separate circuits (pairs of wires) in the clockspring.

Bill Putney

Reply to
mic canic

Reply to
ronzo

You were right it was the F%$*&$$$ Clock Spring. What the heck is a clockspring anyways? I would expect for $200 it is pretty nice little gizmo. And no it was not under the recall - that was only for up to 1998 models (I see how well they fixed it though ...). Now I just need to figure out what the loud noise is when I first lower the drivers window.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Hungus

The clockspring allows steering wheel mounted controls to maintain their electrical connection while turning the steering wheel. The clockspring is around $80, but the labor is probably about 1.5 hours.

Reply to
David Allen

It's the device that allows the steering wheel to rotate through its full travel while maintaining constant and *reliable* integrity of the power, ground and signal wires for all electrical devices contained within the steering wheel: The horn switches, the cruise control switches, the airbag.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern