1999 Dodge Caravan Sport - Problem with Horns, Cruise, Cigarette Lighter & Right side Parking light

I have a 1999 Dodge Caravan Sport with 45k miles on it... excellent condition. I'm having a problem with my Horns, cruise control, cigarette Lighter & right side Parking light (note: the same bulb operates the turn signal and that is working).

1) I have no horns, I checked all the fuses that the book tells me about and I took the horns out and they tested ok.

2) The cruise control when I push the on button I get nothing which normally would light up on dash.

3) I get no power to the cigarette lighter

4) The right side parking light does not work... I got a new bulb and put that in but same thing happens... that bulb controls the parking light and the turn signal... the turn signal works but not the parking light.

5) Oh lastly, my AIR BAG light came on a few weeks ago and has been on constant ever since.... this did this some months ago but went out.

I'm thinking there are fuses somewhere that the book does not tell you about... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
nmarcel1

Check the clockspring, there was a recall on that.

Reply to
Nick Hull

It's a free fix at the dealer!

Reply to
Geary Morton

\ D17 recall will take care of the horn, air bag lite and cruise control. As far as the park lite goes... if it is just one side not working you are gonna have to trace the circuit to check for a bad ground or loss of 12 volts. If you havent had the clockspring replaced yet, ask your dealer to run a VEIP report to see have many other recalls are incomplete on your vehicle

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Glenn, thanks for the info... I'm just getting back from vacation and had a chance to look at your response.. I called Dodge and just now made the appointment to replace the clockspring.... I appreciate the help.

Reply to
nmarcel1

Thanks for the info... I called Dodge and made the appointment... thx for the help... appretiate it.

Reply to
nmarcel1