Another mirror problem now!

While backing out of the garage I caught that new mirror on something and it folded forward (yes, it's supposed to be able to bend back). Now
it's stiff enough to remain where I want it most of the time, but the detent feature doesn't work. What did folding it forward actually do internally, and is there any way to fix it?
Perce

Just about nobody is going to be able to tell by Usenet exactly how you screwed up your new mirror.
Look at the bright side: it no longer matters whether the vendor sold what they were advertising, since you've now broken it in a way that no sane warranty will cover. So now you get to buy a new mirror, hopefully being more careful to make sure it has the features you want, without worrying about whether you should get your money back out of the old one.
On 02/11/2018 11:14 PM, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

I thought someone might have had one of these mirrors apart and would be familiar with the detent mechanism.
Maybe 'll just attack the old one and see what I can find.
Perce