2000 neon trunk won't unlock

The key to my 2000 Neon turns way past the unlock point but it won't unlock the trunk. I have to trunk release inside the car. What must I do?

Reply to
Mongey

Is your Neon equipped with some kind of anti-theft system? It almost sounds as if the anti-theft system is disengaging the trunk lock from the latch, and can only be overridden by your using the trunk release that is inside the cabin.

James Rau

Reply to
James Rau