"Power" mirror question

I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described as a "power" mirror that "fits" the 300M and some other Chrysler Corp. models.
Now I find that it does not have the heat and memory (auto-tilt-down-in-reverse) features. The cable has only 5 conductors instead of the 9 in the original.
Is it reasonable to dispute the description as a "power" mirror?
Perce
On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 11:01:08 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

Sorry, but I don't think you have much recourse. For eBay, caveat emptor (let the buyer beware) is the rule. You should have asked the seller about the connector configuration (5 vs. 9 conductors) before bidding on the item.
Unless you absolutely must have the auto-tilt and heat features, you'll be stuck if you can't find a wiring diagram.
Can you check the other mirror and see what the conductor/connector may be? It may be a 9-pin connector, but only 5 conductors?
I wish you luck
James Rau
On 02/03/2018 02:03 PM, James Rau wrote:

The connectors are the same, so the replacement one fits, but there are more "unpopulated" positions in the replacement.
So the remote up-down, left-right control works (I assume the five conductors are common, plus one for each direction) but not the other functions on the original.
If it said "power mirror" for an '02 300M, how was I supposed to know that there are "power mirrors" that fit a 300M but do not have all the features that the mirror on a 300M has? How was I supposed to know that I ought to have asked?
BTW, I have only just looked up the Blue Book value of this car and have realized that I am paying to fix things that are only a little more than cosmetic on a vehicle whose trade-in value is only in the hundreds of dollars.
Perce
On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 21:35:39 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

To quote user Joe Pheiffer in this thread:

It was incumbent upon you, the buyer, to perform due diligence and research the matter before making your purchase on eBay. I wish I could be more helpful--and I don't want to come off as an asshole here--but you only have yourself to blame.
Maybe you can contact the seller and try to get a refund or trade for a properly configured power-mirror. Buying aftermarket parts on eBay (or anywhere else for that matter) is dicey at best.
I wish you luck,
James Rau

By any definition I've ever seen, a mirror whose angle is controlled electrically is a power mirror. Unless Chrysler used some other terminology for less featureful power mirror (which strikes me as very unlikely) you got what you agreed to buy.
You can have a chat with your vendor about your expectations and see if they'll anything for you, but if they do you should be very grateful.
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Unless you paid more than $50 for it, I wouldn't think it's worth it.
Heated mirrors or auto-tilt-down in reverse wasn't an option for my '00 300m. Living here in the great white north, I think I can say that I can't recall a situation where I would have turned the heater on (if it had a heater) or it would have needed heating for some reason.
The down-tilt in reverse - again getting a replacement mirror that didn't have it would not be a deal-breaker for me (even if I originally had one).
If you are really going to miss having either feature, then maybe you can take the mirrors apart and mix/match enough parts to get a working mirror with those features?
Regarding the auto-tilt-down, I would have thought that that was a feature built into the programming of the car's computer, not the mirror. Why would they need additional wires to do that?
Hey, how's the garage door home-link thing working?
On 02/06/2018 09:48 AM, MoPar Man wrote:

The mirror-heating function goes with the demist/defrost feature on the HVAC.

Apparently that feature was even discontinued on the '03 or '04 models, but we have found it very convenient.

I haven't even managed to detach the mirror proper from the mechanism of the old one. so I don't like my chances of doing a mix-and-match. Even then, it's only the heat function that I can see being activated: On the old one, the mirror proper seems firmly attached to the mechanism, but the whole thing moves freely within the housing.

Apparently there's a memory function in the mirror itself that enables both the automatic adjustment that goes with the preprogrammed seat settings and the tilt-down and the return to "normal."

The replacement Home Link module arrived yesterday, but I haven't got around to braving the elements and installing it yet.
Perce